Points of Interest
- Over 20 trails at Mt Hutt Bike Park - family friendly cross country trails - through to national series downhill courses
- A short sweet ride along the banks of the Ashburton River to the man-made Lake Hood.
- The Ashburton River Trail purpose built MTB track for all.
- Cycle through some of the most spectacular high country of the Hakatere Conservation Park
- Lake Emma to Lake Camp - a comfortable family ride
- Great annual cycle events throughout the district
- Ashburton River Trail 28km of fantastic riding to the coast and the southern ocean
- The Hakatere Conseration Park encompasses at least 12 rides from short duration to full and multi day trips.
There are more mountain biking options, for every level of expertise and confidence, in Mid Canterbury that are unequalled. You can stay and play for days on our trails!
So while road cycling across the Mid-Canterbury Plains is easy enough, the new mountain trails of the Southern Alps present a whole new challenge, taking riders into some of the greatest scenery on earth.
Enjoy the picturesque 7.5km ride from Lake Hood to Ashburton township. Explore a network of family-friendly cross-country forest trails from the lower slopes of Mt Hutt or the Donkey Swamp track over rolling hill trails suitable for all riders.
Hakatere Conservation Park extends over 65,000 hectares and has opened up a vast area of open tussock country, rolling foothills, mountains and lakes, offering many excellent day and multi-day trails. The beautiful Canterbury lakes - Clearwater, Emma and Camp - are all a relaxed comfortable ride from one to the next.
The Methven Walkway is an easy bike ride along the Rangitata Diversion Water Race. For the more adventurous, the Mt Hutt Downhill trails provide an almost limitless playground with superb rides on open 4WD and skidder tracks, epic single track and jumps.
The Braided Waters Cycle Trail is a multi-day cycle concept under development, for family and friends to enjoy a pleasant cycle of up to 145kms.
Sorry but no results were found.
This may be due to a spelling error, too many parameters or words chosen or that the product(s) are not yet listed on our site.
Try our advanced search function to refine your search.
Maps under construction