The Longbeach MTB Coastal Challenge is a unique opportunity to ride on new MTB tracks. Three tracks - classic, recreational & corporate, and family.
Get into the first mountain bike race of the summer!
We invite you to experience this scenic mountain bike adventure.
A spectacular and exciting course over cliffs, stream crossings, strenuous gullies and farm tracks along the beautiful coastline of the Pacific Ocean.
You will ride through the historic Longbeach Estate, stop for a breather and a drink at the 130 year old restored Cook House…if you have time.
The 35km Classic Track for the seriously competitive rider.
The 23km Recreational Track for those who may be new to Mountain Biking or who just want to enjoy the challenge of the ride without the pressure of racing.
The 23km Corporate Track for highly competitive teams.
The 12km Family Track.
The race starts and finishes on the picturesque farm property of Tannaghmore on the south side of the Hinds River, south east of Ashburton.
Turn off State Highway One at Isleworth Road Hinds, 13k south of Ashburton, and head towards the coast staying on this road.
The turnoff will be sign posted as will the road along the away.
Sunday 29 November 2009
7.30 – 9.30am Registration open – all entrants must register
9.45 am Race briefing – all entrants must attend
10.00 am Race starts
1.00 pm Prize giving (approx) on-site
Food and drinks, including great coffee, will be available on site from 8 am and throughout the event.
Entry Fee :
Under 14 $20
Corporate $120 (4 team members)
Family $10 (per individual, min age 6 years)
Conditions of Entry:
- An approved safety helmet must be worn throughout the race.
- The decision of the Race Director affecting all matters is final.
- Carry enough equipment to keep your bike mobile.
- Issued numbers must be visible at all times during the Classic Race and then put into the barrel at the finish line.
- Competitors bikes must be in race worthy condition.
- Competitors under the age of 14 years in the Classic race must be accompanied by an adult.
- First Aid, Water and Emergency Transport available on course.
- Riders found discarding litter will be disqualified.
- If the event is cancelled a partial refund may be made at the organisers discretion.
- In the event of a rider having an accident, you must stop to assist and then tell the next Marshall or First Aid Unit.
- The weather can change rapidly. Please carry a full set of polyprops and a wind jacket.
- If less than three people are entered in a category at closing date, then grades will be merged.
- ALL competitors and recreational riders MUST attend a race briefing at 9.45am on race day.
Entry and Payment:
Cheques should be made payable to Longbeach MTB Coastal Challenge
Entry form and fee should be posted to:
Longbeach MTB Coastal Challenge
PO Box 669
Requests for refunds must be notified in writing to the organiser before the 25 November 2009.
No entry fees will be refunded after this date.
Prior to this date a $10 administration fee applies.
Entries are not transferable.
Enquiries to: email@example.com
This event is run by the Hinds and Districts Lions Club and Longbeach School.
All proceeds will be used for charitable projects in the District.