Points of Interest
- New Zealand's Alpine & Agricultural Encounter
- Horse trekking and Clydesdale wagon safaris through Hakatere Conservation Park
- Mt Sunday, home of Edoras for Lord of the Rings
- Guided alpine trekking with fine dining and private cabins
- Trophy hunting with specialised guides
- Trotts Garden, a garden of national significance
- 4WD adventures into remote high country wilderness
Mid Canterbury is a panorama of plains and peaks. The broad landscape punctuated with rivers, lakes, forests and mountains, provides every ingredient for an amazing array of attractions, activities and leisure pursuits, as active or passive as you desire. Nobody should say they have seen New Zealand until they go deep into the Southern Alps up the Rangitata and Rakaia Gorges and see the myriad of small glaciers and experience the breathtaking scale of this land.
Uncover fascinating history on the heritage trails. Browse the bustling arts, crafts and farmers’ markets. Venture into high country wilderness on foot, by mountain bike, on a horse trek or 4WD adventure. Tee off at picturesque country golf courses. Trophy hunt in the backcountry.
Relax and pamper yourself with a spa treatment and massage, or experience new taste sensations and creative experiences on The Mid-Canterbury Food & Wine Trail.
Click on a view option of your choice: